Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

23 Weeks

23 Weeks

23 Week Belly




I finally FEEL and LOOK pregnant! Not just Fat and lazy with a beer looking belly....People are also commenting on how nice my hair looks and that I have that pregnancy 'glow'. I think my belly "POPPED" out there on Tuesday or so and I'm not the only one who noticed. I am glad too because the baby is finally off of my back and hanging out front a little. My lower back feels so much better. People are also commenting at work on the baby belly and I am definitely getting a lot more 'looks.'


Busy, busy week! We dropped off and picked up our oldest nephew Anthony every day this week since Trina's daycare was closed and played with another nephew Jackson a couple of nights this week so Mike and Jamie could visit with Mason. We had a couple of nice days to play outside with them and took a trip to the pet store too.


Mason is doing better and better each day:) He is up to 5 lbs 6 oz and will probably get to come home tomorrow!


Exciting baby news! I finally felt little girl kicking! I wasn't sure if that's what I was feeling but then put my hand on my belly and saw my hand go up the same time I felt those 'kicks' inside. It's an interesting feeling and I wish I could feel it stronger but I know she is building up her muscles or practicing her ballerina steps in my belly like Mimi says. I can definitely feel her moving more in the morning after my breakfast(s)...Typical breakfast: Kellogg's Vanilla Protein shake, Vanilla yogurt, strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries, banana or orange and a gluten free bagel with strawberry cream cheese:-) She loves the good stuff!


Baby is just over 1 pound and almost 12 inches long! She can hear everything going on in the outside world at this point. I told Danny that she can hear everything he says and if he wants to he can talk or sing to her he can so when she comes out it will be soothing. He's up for it and said "oh, I am a good singer..." I just hope she gets used to Rock-it's howls every once in a while so she isn't startled later.


We went over to Danny's grandparents, Gene and Sharon's to look at a bassinet that they said we can use and we really like it! It was Sharon's when she was a baby and is 75 years old but in perfect condition! She is also going to help us make new bedding for it and the baby's crib too! The final colors we decided on are pistachio green/blue for the walls, Bright Yellow and White Bedding, and Hot Pink and Bright Green accent colors....I am fabric shopping this weekend and will post pictures if we find some good stuff.


I was having some pretty severe sciatic pain in my lower right hip but have been working it out like crazy to get it to go away and I think it worked! Except for the rolling out of bed at 3am and waddling to the potty I am feeling great. Still doing yoga and zumba and Wednesday night Teddi and I went to a Prenatal yoga class that showed me some modifications and hip openers that are great. I downloaded some Yoga podcasts a long time ago but am going to really try and do one every day at least 20 minutes + our 15 relaxation that Danny helps me with every night.


I did have my first calf cramp the other night which was painful but I don't really remember because I am such a deep sleeper. I remember stretching, cramp and massaging it until I fell back asleep. Weird but I am going to try not to be lazy and bring a glass of water to bed because I guess that is supposed to help. What's one more trip to the bathroom each night anyway...


Next we we are going to St. Louis to visit Ross and Frankie. I guess this would be considered our "babymoon" even though Dave is going with us too. I will have to post when we get back!

No comments: